Kochi, also known as Cochin is a major port city in the south-west coast of India. It is part of the Ernakulum district in the state of Kerala. Kochi is also called the Queen of the Arabian Sea. It was an important spice trading centre during the 14th century. Now it is the financial, commercial and industrial capital of Kerala.
Kochi has the second highest population density parameter. You will find people from all religions staying there.
Marine Drive is a picturesque location in Kochi. It is built facing the backwaters and is a popular hangout place for the locals.
Kochi is well known since many centuries, as it was the centre of Indian spice trade for hundreds of years. Kochi was also known to the Greeks, Romans, Jews, Arabs and Chinese. It gained prominence after the port at Kodungallur was destroyed by massive flooding of the Periyar River.
Kochi has variety of entertainment spots. You can explore these by travelling by bus, train, car, taxi or an auto.
1. You can understand Kochi’s cultural heritage by visiting its museums and galleries.
2. If you are a religious person, then you can visit Thrikkakkara Vamana Moorthy Temple, Cochin Thirumala Devaswom, Thamaramkulangara Sree Dharmasastha Temple or Ernakulam Shiva Temple.
3. Nature loving people could explore the Fort Kochi Beach, Mahatma Gandhi Beach, Cherai Beach or the Puthenthodu Beach.
4. If you are a sports lover, then you can enrol as a member for water sports, football, cricket, golf etc. at one of the sports centers in the city.
Some of the best places for sightseeing in Kochi are Fort Kochi, Mattancherry Palace, Hill Palace, Indo-Portuguese Museum or Kerala Folklore Museum.
Love to splurge on shopping? Jew town in Fort Kochi has many antique and craft shops. You can find Indian sculptures, décor, interior artefacts and souvenirs. You can also shop for clothes and jewellery in Kochi. There are many shopping malls in Kochi. The largest shopping mall of India, the” Lulu International mall” is also located in Kochi.
Planning to buy furniture? You can either buy it online from sites like Pepperfry or UrbanLadder.
Or you can visit A One Furniture, Olive Furniture, Jacsons Furniture or Rubco Furniture.
If you are moving out of Kochi, you might want to sell off your old furniture. There are many shops that deal with old and used furniture. If you want to sell your furniture online, you can look at sites like OLX or QuikrBazaar.
Don't have any friends in Kochi and cannot speak the language too? How to get the leaking tap fixed, find a doctor or hire a carpenter? It can become quite embarrassing, every time you have to ask a stranger for help.
Thanks to today's technology. You can find these details in the internet at the click of a button. Many e-commerce sites like Joboy and metro360 providing these information for free.
Kochi has a variety of cheap restaurants all over the city. These offer Indian and International food.
You can find good restaurants near you on the Zomato app.
Kochi has many schools from play group till College. You can choose from a list of government schools, private schools, CBSE or ICSE schools.
Settling in a new city isn’t easy and takes some time to adjust. But it gets a lot simpler if you can make friends quickly.
If you don't have any friends in the city, you can join community meets in Kochi. You can also join hobby classes where you get to know people who share similar interests like you.
Commuting within the city can sometimes be a problem. Traffic congestion is a common problem. But if you are moving from one of the metros in India, you won’t find the traffic too annoying.
For some, language might be a barrier. If you do not speak Malayalam or English, communicating with the locals can sometimes be troublesome.
Where do you wish to move your home?
2. Move your home from Kochi City to any other Indian city
1. Fill in the details of your home move
2. Get instant estimates from verified movers from your city
3. Compare mover prices. Check movers profiles, reviews, and ratings
4. Choose the packer and mover who best fits your budget and expectations
5. Book and track your move online
6. Get guarantees against moving delays and damage to your items.
1. Why would you move with unknown, unverified packers and movers to Kochi?
2. Why would you risk damage, or loss to your precious household items when you shift to Kochi?
3. Why should you put up with delays?
4. Why would you choose half a moving service when you can get the complete moving services at Glovve?
Read our FAQs on moving to understand the benefits of moving with Glovve.
Did you find the right packers movers Kochi?
Did you find this guide useful for your move? Would you like us to add anything to this? Do share your thoughts with us here.
Being close to the sea, Kochi experiences humid and warm climate throughout the year. The average temperature throughout the year is 27 to 30 degrees.
Rains hit the city of Kochi in the month of May and go on till the month of November.
The warmest month here is March. And January is the coldest. The city experiences maximum rainfall in the month of June.
Kochi has its own airport, named the Cochin International Airport, situated 20 km away at Nedumbassery. The international and domestic flights available here connect you to different parts of the globe.
The main railway station is Kochi railway junction, while the other station is at Kochi Harbor Terminus. By rail, Kochi is linked with important cities like Delhi, Mumbai, and Chennai.
An excellent network of roads connects Kochi to all major towns and cities in South India as well as across the country
You can travel by taxi, bus, auto, car or metro.